How to write a telesales agent job description
You can hire professional telesales agents to work flexibly with Coople. To help you find the right candidates for your business, we’ve provided a telesales agent job description template below. Use this customisable template to hire telesales agents on the Coople platform.
A good job description should include the following information:
What telesales agent responsibilities should you include in your job description?
- Answering customer phone calls.
- Processing sales and accepting payments for products and services.
- Making outbound customer calls or cold calls to sell products and/or services.
- Answering enquiries about product specifications and pricing.
- Investigating unfilled, misplaced, or misdirected orders and resolves customer issues as necessary.
- Matching or exceeding daily sales targets.
- Keeping records of calls to facilitate future sales.
If you need more details about the usual telesales agent job profiles including salaries, we recommend reading the official national descriptions.
Which skills do you need to mention in your telesales agent job description?
If no specific experience is required, you should still say, for example:
- No previous experience needed.
- Excellent telephone manner with first class communication and listening skills.
- Upbeat and charismatic personality, comfortable engaging and interacting with numerous customers on a daily basis.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member.
- Proactive and enthusiastic attitude with a knack for thinking on your feet.
- Ability to work easily under pressure and time constraints to meet targets.
- Comfortable working with and exceeding numerical targets to contribute to overall business goals.
If specific experience or particular skills are required for your role, please specify what you need in your telesales agent job description. For example:
- 6 months+ telesales experience.
- Previous customer service experience.
- NVQs/SVQs in telesales.
- Stable internet connection.
- Essential equipment, such as a laptop and headset.
What telesales agents should expect and prepare for at your business.
It’s a good idea to mention what candidates can expect from this role and how they can prepare for in your telesales agent job description. This could include:
- Specific uniform requirements – be sure to check whether or not uniform will be provided in the job description.
- If remote opportunities are available, please state clearly whether specific equipment (such as a laptop) will be needed.
- Knowledge or experience with certain technological tools. If this is the case, you will be given the necessary training before starting your role.
- If this is a temporary role, or if there are temp-to-perm opportunities.
Giving candidates a clear overview of what they can expect in your telesales agent job description will increase your chances that only the right, quality candidates apply. This will save you time when making hiring decisions. Most importantly, when you provide candidates with all the information they need to prepare, they can perform at their best for your business.
Ready to post a telesales agent job?
Get started today and hire professional telesales agents in an instant.