Recruit receptionists for your business with Coople
Coople connects you with professional, temporary and long-term receptionists to suit all your business needs. To help you find the right candidates for your team, we’ve provided a receptionist job description template below.
The key to finding and hiring the right candidates is writing a quality job description. You will attract the best candidates if you clearly state your expectations in your receptionist job description.
A good job description should include the following information:
What responsibilities should you highlight in your receptionist job description?
- Completing administrative tasks, such as organizing files and delivering and accepting mail.
- Answering and forwarding phone calls.
- Cleaning, organising and maintaining the reception area. .
- Greeting and signing in clients and visitors.
- Scheduling appointments and meeting times.
- Representing the business with a friendly, positive attitude and professional appearance.
If you would like more details on the usual receptionist profiles including salaries, we recommend you to read the official national descriptions.
Which skills should you highlight in your receptionist job description?
If no specific experience is required, you should still say, for example:
- No previous experience needed.
- Friendly and charismatic disposition, comfortable engaging and interacting with numerous customers on a daily basis.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Second to none organisational skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Proactive and enthusiastic attitude, able to take initiative to represent the company in a positive light.
- Strong knowledge of the business.
If specific experience or particular skills are required, please specify what you need. For example:
- 1 year+ experience as a receptionist.
- Typing speed of at least 70 WPM.
What receptionists should expect and prepare for at your business.
It’s important to mention what candidates can expect from this role and how they can prepare in your receptionist job description. This could include:
- Specific uniform requirements and whether or not uniform will be provided.
- Workers may need to have knowledge of IT software (provide examples).
Providing candidates with a clear overview of the responsibilities and criteria in your receptionist job description ensures that only the right candidates apply. This will save you time in your recruitment process. Additionally, when you give candidates the information they need to sufficiently prepare for the role, they can do their best to support your business.
Ready to post a receptionist job?
Get started today and hire one of our many receptionists in an instant.