How to write an office assistant job description
Whether you’re looking for part-time or full-time staff to join your team, you can find skilled office assistants to suit your business needs with Coople. To help you find the right candidates for your role, we’ve provided an office assistant job description template below. Use this template to hire office assistants on the Coople platform.
A good job description should include the following information:
What responsibilities should you highlight in your office assistant job description?
- Maintaining filing and storage systems in the office
- Assisting HR with sorting and collating CVs
- Creating, editing and updating spreadsheets
- Conducting research and compiling data
- Meeting and greeting clients for reception cover, as and when necessary
- Photocopying, scanning and filing appropriate documents
- Supporting a range of teams with ad-hoc tasks
- Light accounting duties
- Reading and routing incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintaining office stationery stock levels, ordering and replenishing new supplies as and when necessary
If you need more details about the usual office assistant profiles, including salaries, we invite you to read the official national descriptions.
Which skills do you need to mention in your office assistant job description?
If no specific skills or experience is required, you should still say, for example:
- No previous experience needed
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
- Proactive and enthusiastic personality, ready to dive into projects and assist as and when needed
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Discerning eye for detail
- Excellent grasp on interpersonal communication skills with a pleasant, friendly disposition
- 1 year+ in an administrative capacity
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Typing speed: minimum 60 WPM with 90 percent accuracy
- Knowledge or experience with Microsoft Office packages (eg. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook etc.)
What office assistants should expect and prepare for at your venue.
This could include:
- Specific uniform requirements – be sure to check whether or not uniform will be provided in the job description
- Knowledge or experience with certain technological tools. If this is the case, you will be given the necessary training before starting your role
- If remote opportunities are available, please state clearly whether specific equipment (such as a laptop) will be needed
Ready to post an office assistant job?
Get started today and hire one of our many office assistants in an instant.