How to hire a barista for your business | Coople UK
With Coople, you can hire flexible, professional baristas for your restaurant or venue. Our skilled baristas can perform a variety of tasks to fulfill your business needs, including preparing and serving beverages, as well as interacting and engaging with customers. To help you find the right candidates for your role, we’ve provided a barista job description template below.
The key to finding the right staff at the right time is writing a quality job description. You will be able to hire the right candidates for your team if you outline key details such as responsibilities and essential experience in your barista job description. Providing this information increases the quality of candidates applying, ensuring they are the right fit for the job you are hiring for. This will also save you time in the recruitment process.
What kind of responsibilities do you need to highlight in your barista job description?
- Serving customers quickly and efficiently.
- Accurately handle cash and credit card payments.
- Preparing and serving beverages to meet quality standards.
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of all the menu offerings.
- Maintaining inventory by replenishing coffee bean supply and stocking coffee brewing equipment.
- Cleaning and sanitizing work areas and table areas.
- Ordering, receiving and distributing stock supplies.
If you need more details about the usual barista job descriptions including salaries, we recommend you to read the official national descriptions.
Looking for other job profiles?
You can also hire experienced waiter/waitresses with Coople
We can also connect you with flexible, skilled bartenders to fulfill your business needs
You can also find professional breakfast chefs/commis chefs/chef de parties/head chefs for your business here
We can help you hire skilled kitchen assistants for your business
Which skills should you highlight in your barista job description?
Even if no specific experience is required, you should still highlight it in your job description. For example:
- No previous experience needed.
- Great team player.
- Friendly and approachable personality, eager to deliver a first class customer experience.
- Ability to multitask and work under high pressure, fast paced environments.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong grasp on numeracy skills.
If specific experience or particular skills are required, please specify what you need. For example:
- At least 1 year in the coffee service industry..
- 6 months minimum experience in the customer service industry.
What baristas should expect and prepare for at your business?
To create a quality barista job description, it’s a good idea to inform candidates what they may need to prepare for. This could include:
- Specific uniform requirements – to prevent confusion, make sure to state clearly whether or not uniforms will be provided.
- Knowledge or use of heavy machinery and equipment. If this is relevant to the roles you need fulfilling, be sure to say so in the job description.
Providing a clear, compelling job description increases your chances that only the right candidates apply. This will save you time when you make hiring choices. More importantly, when you give our candidates the information they need to succeed, they will be able to perform at their best to support your business.
Ready to post a barista job?
Get started today and hire vetted baristas in an instant.