Find flexible front desk reception jobs near you with Coople.
As the first point of contact for guests and clients, front desk receptionist are an essential team members and play an integral role in representing a business. From coordinating deliveries to screening phone calls, when you work as one of Coople’s professional receptionists you will be responsible for executing all administrative and front-of-house tasks to the highest standards.
Whether you want to develop your skills or earn extra income, with Coople you’ll find rewarding work opportunities to help you reach your goals.
We also have various shift patterns to choose from. Whether you want to find part-time, full-time, weekend or evening front desk reception jobs, we’re here to connect you to the right employers so you can feel valued at work.
What can you expect when applying for front desk reception jobs with Coople?
Your responsibilities as a receptionist may vary slightly depending on the company you work for. However, a lot of your tasks will be similar:
- Completing administrative tasks, such as organising files and delivering and accepting mail.
- Answering and forwarding phone calls.
- Cleaning, organising and maintaining the reception area.
- Greeting and signing in clients and visitors.
- Scheduling appointments and meeting times.
- Representing the business with a friendly, positive attitude and professional appearance.
What skills do we look for in front desk staff?
Not all of our roles will require experience. If no specific experience is required, it will be clearly stated in the front desk job description. For example, it may say:
- No previous experience needed.
- Friendly and charismatic disposition, comfortable engaging and interacting with many people on a daily basis.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Second to none organisational skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Proactive and enthusiastic attitude, able to take initiative to represent the company in a positive light.
- Strong knowledge of the business.
If specific experience or knowledge of equipment is required, this will also be clearly stated in the job description when you apply. For example, hiring companies might ask for:
- One or more years experience as a receptionist
- Typing speed of at least 70 WPM
How to prepare for your front desk reception job
There are a variety of things to look out for before starting your front desk reception job. These could include:
- Specific uniform requirements – be sure to check the job description to see if a uniform will be provided or if you’re expected to dress a certain way.
- Knowledge of (or experience with) specific job-related tools. You will usually be given the necessary training before starting your role, but it’s good to make sure.
To maximise your chances of success, it’s a good idea to read through the job requirements and make sure you have the right job profiles added to your account. This will help you determine whether or not you are qualified for the role, saving you valuable time when applying for work.
Adding a great ‘about me’ section and uploading your professional documents will show prospective employers that you’re a good fit for them. Additionally, ensuring that you’re sufficiently prepared for your role will increase your platform reputation and enable you to find more rewarding work to support you in reaching your goals.
Remember to set up job alerts for the type of roles you’re interested in within the Coople Jobs App. This will ensure you don’t miss out whenever new opportunities are posted.
Ready to find front desk reception jobs?
Download the Coople Jobs App and discover front desk roles that work for you.
Get the Coople Jobs App
Scan this qr code to download the app
Available for iOS and Android