How to write a room service attendant job description
Whether you’re looking to hire flexibly or permanently, you can find the right candidates for your team with Coople. To help you find suitable candidates for your role, we’ve provided a room service attendant job description template below. Customise it to suit your requirements.
A clear, realistic room service attendant job description is essential for quality recruitment. Providing essential information, such as room service attendant duties and responsibilities, allows candidates to decide whether they’re a good fit for the role. This will help to speed up the recruitment process.
What responsibilities should you mention in your room service attendant job description?
- Taking guest orders and phone calls.
- Preparing guest orders and securing them for delivery.
- Delivering guest orders directly to guest’s rooms, supplying silverware and condiments as needed.
- Clearing hotel corridors of food trays.
- Working closely with cleaning staff, informing them of clean-ups needed for spillages and stains.
- Completing payment for orders.
If you would like more insights into the usual room service attendant profiles including salaries, we invite you to read the official national descriptions.
Which skills should you include in your job description?
To find the best candidates, you will need to highlight the skills and experience you are looking for in your room service attendant job description. If no specific experience is required, you should still say, for example:
- No previous experience required.
- Must be able to work efficiently independently and/or as a team.
- Must demonstrate first-class communication skills to provide a quality, memorable customer experience.
- Ability to multitask effectively in order to prepare and deliver guest orders in a timely manner.
- Keen eye for detail – candidates must ensure uniforms and food deliveries are pristine to maintain high hotel standards.
- Highly organised, must be able to work well under pressure.
- Good physical stamina to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
If specific skills or minimum experience is required, please specify in your room service attendant job description. For example:
- At least 1 year of experience working in the hospitality industry.
- Previous experience working in a customer service-related role (e.g. retail).
What candidates should expect and prepare for at your facility
- Specific uniform requirements and whether or not uniform will be provided.
- Job-specific training. If this is required, please state it in the job description.
A detailed job description is an effective one. Providing the necessary information such as experience and skill increases your chances that only the right candidates apply. This will save you time when you make hiring decisions. Additionally, when you give our candidates the information they need to succeed, they will be able to perform at their best to support your business.
Ready to post a Room Service Attendant job?
Get started today and hire room service attendants in an instant.