How to write a food runner job description
A good job description is key to hiring the right candidates for your team. To help you get started, we’ve provided a food runner job description template below. Customise it to suit your business needs and use it to hire food runners on the Coople platform.
To find quality candidates for your business, you need to have a detailed food runner job description. Providing key information such as the criteria and job responsibilities allows candidates to determine if they’re qualified for the role. This will save you time when making hiring decisions.
What responsibilities should you mention in your food runner job description?
- Communicating customer orders to chefs, taking care to highlight special requests (eg. Allergies).
- Delivering orders from the kitchen to customer tables in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Clearing used dishes and glassware from tables to ensure a clean, tidy guest environment.
- Working alongside wait staff to fetch, place and replace appropriate tableware and utensils.
- Checking in with customers to ensure a quality experience, answering questions and taking additional orders as needed.
Looking for other job profiles?
You can also hire part-time or full-time waiters/waitresses on the Coople platform.
You can also find skilled kitchen assistants to support your business with Coople.
You can also hire skilled chef de partie, sous chefs, pizza chefs, pastry chefs, sushi chefs.
Which skills should you highlight in your food runner job description?
If no specific skills or experience is required, you should still say, for example:
- No previous experience needed.
- Ability to multitask and problem solve effectively.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Physical stamina is a must – candidates will be required to stand and work on their feet for extended periods of time.
If specific skills or experience is required, be sure to specify what you need in your barback job description. For example:
- High school degree or equivalent preferred.
- Physically able to do heavy lifting and able to stand, bend, and move throughout shift.
- Ability to work nights, holidays and weekends.
Providing essential information in your food runner job description helps to make sure that only the right candidates apply. More importantly, when you give our candidates the information they need to have a successful shift, they will be sufficiently prepared to do their best.
Ready to post a food runner job?
Get started today and hire professional food runners in an instant.