How to find local cleaning jobs in London
Cleaners are responsible for taking care of designated facilities, as well as carrying out cleaning and maintenance duties.
As one of Coople’s professional cleaners, you will be required to perform a variety of tasks such as basic cleaning in and around residences or office buildings, sanitising and organising assigned areas, as well as maintaining cleaning equipment and supplies.
At Coople, we’re all about enabling you to reach your professional or personal goals with flexible, rewarding work. From expanding your network to building your skillset, the Coople Job App has plenty of flexible opportunities for you to choose from.
Regardless of your skill level or industry background, we are here to connect you to rewarding work to help you reach your goals.
What you can expect when working as a cleaning professional with Coople:
- Sweeping, vacuuming and mopping floors
- Emptying rubbish bins, servicing toilets and wiping down communal surfaces
- Notify building management of any required repairs and maintenance issues
- Restocking dispensers, emptying bins, cleaning and sanitising fixtures, cleaning mirrors, spot cleaning partition doors and walls
Which skills do we look for in cleaners?
Sometimes, our roles do not require experience. If no specific experience is required, it will be listed clearly in the job description. For example, the job description may say:
- No previous experience needed
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
- Attentive and thorough with a great eye for detail to carry out regular inspections and cleaning
- Enthusiastic and proactive attitude, with a passion for creating a positive, clean and safe environment for all
If specific experience or skills are required, it will be stated clearly in the job description when you apply. For example, hiring companies may ask for:
- Previous hotel/serviced apartments cleaning experience
- Communicative level of spoken English
How to prepare for your role as a cleaner.
There’s a variety of things to look out for before you start your shift as a cleaner.
This could include:
- Specific uniform requirements and whether or not uniform and safety equipment (e.g. plastic protective gloves) will be provided
- Potential exposure to harmful substances (see job description, e.g. cleaning chemicals)
- Shift patterns – some shifts may involve early morning starts or late night closures. Make sure to note the start and finish times to ensure you are available
To increase your chances of getting hired, we recommend reading through the job requirements to check that you have the right job profiles added to your account. This will ensure you are adequately prepared for the role, which will save you time when applying for work.
More importantly, when you are prepared for the role, you can successfully build your platform reputation and find more work to support you on your way to your goals.
Ready to find cleaning jobs?
Download the Coople Job App to discover cleaning jobs that work for you.