How to find flexible chef jobs near you
Chefs are at the heart of every restaurant and are responsible for overseeing the smooth running of kitchens. With Coople, you can work flexibly as a chef whenever, wherever with our varied shift patterns as we strive to connect our workers to rewarding temporary, part-time and full-time roles. Whether you’re looking to learn new skills or earn extra income, with Coople you can find local chef jobs near you today.
What you can expect when applying for chef jobs with Coople:
From prepping ingredients to coordinating the entire kitchen, job responsibilities for chefs can vary greatly, depending on the type of chef position you are filling. Some of the job’s responsibilities include:
- Cutting, chopping and washing ingredients
- Creating prep lists for the kitchen crew
- Selecting choice ingredients to give dishes the best flavour
- Cooking orders according to guest preferences
- Ensuring safety and sanitisation practices in the kitchen
- Working under pressure to ensure food is served on time
- Managing a team of kitchen staff, delegating tasks to ensure the team works effectively and efficiently
Coople also gives you direct access to well-known Swiss companies – from (gourmet) restaurants to 5* hotels.
Waitresses and waiters
You can also work as a novice, intermediate or expert waitress or waiter with Coople.
You can also find work as a kitchen assistant with Coople.
You can find rewarding bartending opportunities with Coople.
You can also find job opportunities as a cleaner with Coople.
Which skills do we look for in our chefs?
Sometimes, our roles do not require experience. If no specific experience is required, it will be listed clearly in the job description. For example, the job description may say:
- No previous experience needed
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Able to work quickly in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Strong teamworking skills
- Superb time management skills, must be able to work according to deadlines to provide a quality customer experience
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time – physical stamina is a must
- Creative flair for pairing flavours and dish presentation
If specific experience or skills are required, it will be stated clearly in the job description when you apply. For example, hiring companies may ask for:
- Federal Certificate of Vocational Education and Training as a chef or higher
- Two or more years experience as a chef in a restaurant
- Previous experience with particular cuisines. Some hiring companies may request at least six months experience for certain roles eg. sushi chefs and pastry chefs
How to prepare for your chef job.
- Specific uniform requirements and whether or not uniform and safety equipment (eg. non-slip shoes) will be provided
- Potential exposure to harmful substances (e.g. cleaning chemicals)
Making sure to read through the job requirements and having the right job profiles added to your account will increase your chances of getting hired. This will also save you time when applying for work.
More importantly, when you are adequately prepared for your role, you can make sure each shift is a great one, helping you to build your platform reputation and find more work to support you on your way to achieving your goals.