Find qualified staff for your business with our cleaner job description
Coople’s professional cleaners can fulfil your business needs. We connect you with skilled, flexible workers to carry out a variety tasks, from basic cleaning in and around residences or office buildings, sanitising and organising assigned areas, as well as maintaining cleaning equipment and supplies.
Making the right hire for your business hinges on crafting a good cleaner job description. Our guidelines will help you get started.
We know that a strong team makes all the difference to your business. You will find the best cleaning professionals for your role if you provide clear, realistic expectations in the cleaner job description. Providing the essential information during the hiring process also allows candidates to decide whether this job will be a good fit for them.
Your cleaner job description should include the following:
A good introduction is everything
What cleaning responsibilities do you need fulfilling?
- Sweeping, vacuuming and mopping floors.
- Emptying rubbish bins, servicing toilets and wiping down communal surfaces.
- Notify building management of any required repairs and maintenance issues.
- Restocking dispensers, emptying trash, cleaning and sanitising fixtures, cleaning mirrors, spot cleaning partition doors and walls, sweeping and mopping floors, and cleaning toilets and urinals.
If you need more details about the usual commercial cleaner profiles, including salaries, we recommend you to read the official national descriptions.
Which skills do we look for in cleaners?
If no specific experience is required, you should still say, for example:
- No previous experience needed.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member.
- Enthusiastic and proactive attitude, with a passion for creating a positive, clean and safe environment for all.
If specific experience is required, please specify what you need. For example:
- Previous hotel/serviced apartments cleaning experience.
- Communicative level of spoken English.
What cleaner applicants should expect and prepare for at your facility.
This could include:
- Specific uniform requirements and whether or not uniform and safety gear (provide examples) will be provided.
- Notice of potential exposure to harmful substances (provide description, e.g. cleaning chemicals).
Ready to post a cleaning job?
Get started today and hire professional cleaners in an instant.