How to find flexible host and hostess jobs with Coople
You can find rewarding host and hostess jobs in London with the Coople Jobs App. As part of Coople’s skilled workforce, we connect you to fulfilling part-time, full-time and temporary host and hostess roles across a variety of distinguished venues. You will have the opportunity to learn new skills and gain experience on the job, including managing reservations, welcoming guests to the venue and interacting with customers.
Whether you want to upskill or earn extra income, with Coople you can find rewarding work to help you reach your goals.
We work with Cooplers of all skill levels – no matter your industry background, we strive to connect you to the right employers for you, so you feel valued at work.
What you can expect when applying for event host/event hostess jobs with Coople:
- Welcoming customers to the venue to provide a first-class customer experience
- Answering incoming calls and addressing customer queries
- Communicating with event staff about event timing and special requests
- Overseeing the timely set up of all tables, areas and supplies
- Creating and maintaining relationships with event contact and event vendors
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work area and event space
- Keeping track of reservations
- Managing and communicating guests’ needs and requirements to relevant team members
- Assisting in finalising event programs
Which skills do we look for in event host / event hostess job applicants?
Sometimes, our roles do not require experience. If no specific experience is required, it will be listed clearly in the job description. For example, the job description may say:
- No previous experience needed
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
- Must demonstrate ability to work under pressure while multitasking
- Excellent problem solving and organisational skills
- Well-versed with emergency and safety protocols
- Highly energetic and motivated, must be enthusiastic and willing to interact with guests to provide a quality customer experience
- Good physical stamina to walk and stand for extended periods of time
If specific experience is required, it will be stated clearly in the job description when you apply. For example, hiring companies may ask for:
- 6+ months work experience in the events sector
- Experience in managing reservations
- Demonstrable customer service skills
How to prepare for your role as a event host / event hostess.
There’s a variety of things to look out for before you start your new role.
This could include:
- Specific uniform requirements and whether or not uniform will be provided
- Workers may need to have knowledge of IT software. If this is required, training will be provided
- Location – successful candidates must be able to commute to and from the event venue with ease
Making sure to read through the job requirements and having the right job profiles added to your account will increase your chances of getting hired. This will also save you time when applying for work.
More importantly, when you are adequately prepared for your role, you can make sure each shift is a great one, helping you to build your platform reputation and find more work to support you on your way to achieving your goals.
Ready to find host and hostess jobs?
Download the Coople Jobs App to discover host and hostess jobs that work for you.