Find delivery driver jobs near you with Coople
Delivery drivers primary duties include transporting goods to clients or customers, scheduling delivery times and collecting parcels. Also known as courier drivers, delivery drivers work as part of a team to ensure items are correctly packed, packaged, and delivered on time to their destination.
Coople connects jobseekers with flexible part-time and full-time opportunities to suit every schedule. Whether you’re looking for jobs to last a few hours or for several months, you can find the right opportunity for you on the Coople Jobs App.
We work with jobseekers of all industry backgrounds and skill levels. It’s our mission to make flexible work a rewarding experience for today and tomorrow. As your employer, we aim to connect you to with valuable work opportunities to help you reach your goals.
What you can expect when applying to delivery driver jobs with Coople:
- Packing, loading and unloading delivery vehicles.
- Sorting packages and planning to find the most efficient delivery routes.
- Following processes and procedures to ensure customers can track their deliveries accurately.
- Obtaining signatures from customers upon delivery.
- Keeping delivery records up-to-date.
You can also find work as a delivery rider with Coople.
You can also work flexibly as one of our dedicated warehouse operatives.
You can also join our team of skilled stockroom assistants to find flexible, part-time work.
What skills do we look for in our courier drivers?
Sometimes, our delivery driver jobs do not require previous experience. If this is the case, it will be stated clearly in the job description. For example, the job description may say:
- No experience required.
- Strong physical stamina – must be able to drive, walk and lift for extended periods of time.
- Excellent knowledge of local area and surrounding neighbourhoods.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Quality verbal communication skills.
If specific experience is required, it will be stated explicitly in the job description when you apply. For instance, hiring companies may ask for:
- Full, clean and valid driving license.
- Reliable mode of transportation.
- Over six months experience working as a courier.
How to prepare for your role as a delivery driver.
There’s a variety of things to look out for when starting your job as a delivery driver. This could include:
- Specific uniform requirements and whether or not uniform and equipment will be provided.
- Job-specific training. If this is mandatory, it will be stated clearly in the job description.
More importantly, when you are sufficiently prepared for your delivery driver role, you can make sure each shift is a great one. This will help to build your platform reputation, allowing you to find regular work to help you reach your goals.
Ready to find delivery driver jobs?
Download the Coople Jobs App to discover courier jobs that work for you.