How to find flexible catering assistant jobs near you with Coople
You can find rewarding work as a catering assistant in London with the Coople Job App. As part of Coople’s skilled workforce, we connect you to fulfilling part-time, full-time and temporary catering assistant jobs near you. You will have the opportunity to learn new skills and gain experience on the job, such as prepping and planning ingredients, transporting food and planning a menu.
We strive to match you with the right employers, so each shift is a step towards achieving your goals. Regardless of your industry background, we provide opportunities across many job profiles at different skill, experience, and salary levels.
What you can expect when applying for catering assistant jobs with Coople:
- Meeting with clients to plan and decide on menu offerings
- Assisting with the food and beverage preparation
- Communicating with food and equipment rental vendors to pre-order and receive necessary supplies
- Cooking and plating menu items
- Stocking supplies and maintaining inventory to ensure there is no shortage of supplies
- Handling bill enquiries
- Ensuring that all kitchen and service areas are clean and tidy
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are closely followed
Which skills do we look for in catering job applicants?
Sometimes, our catering assistant jobs do not require experience. If no specific experience is required, it will be listed clearly in the job description. For example, the job description may say:
- No previous experience needed
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
- Must demonstrate ability to think on their feet and work under pressure
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Well-versed in food safety and handling
- Highly energetic and motivated, must be enthusiastic and able to work efficiently
- Good physical stamina to walk and stand for extended periods of time
If specific experience is required, it will be stated clearly in the job description when you apply. For example, hiring companies may ask for:
- 6+ months work experience as a catering assistant
- Food handler certificates may be required. If this is the case, certificates from the Certified Professional in Catering and Events, ServSafe Food Handler certification and Alcohol certification may be specifically requested
How to prepare for your role as a catering assistant.
There’s a variety of things to look out for before you start your catering jobs. This could include:
- Specific uniform requirements (such as PPE) and whether or not uniform will be provided
- Food health and safety training. If this is mandatory, you will be invited to complete this before your first shift
- Certificates and qualifications. Sometimes, our catering assistant roles will require specific certifications. Please be sure to read the requirements in the job description carefully to ensure you are applying to the right role for you!
- Driver’s license – occasionally, our roles will require you to have a full, clean driver’s license to fulfill certain catering assistant duties
To increase your chances of getting hired, it’s a good idea to thoroughly check the job requirements and make sure you have the right job profiles added to your account. This will also save you time when applying for work.
More importantly, when you prepare for your role in advance, you can do your best to make sure each shift is a great one, allowing you to build your platform reputation and find more work to reach your goals.
Ready to find catering assistant jobs?
Download the Coople Job App to discover catering assistant jobs that work for you.