Find part time waiter and waitress jobs near you in London
Waiters and waitresses are responsible for greeting customers, answering menu related questions and processing food and drink orders. As part of Coople’s professional workforce, you can find rewarding work as a waiter or waitress with immediate start dates. Browse vacancies from thousands of UK firms and find the right opportunity for you today.
Whether you want to learn new skills or earn additional income, with Coople you can find the right employers to feel valued at work.
We help Cooplers of all skill levels to reach their personal and professional goals. No matter your industry background, experience or desired salary, we strive to connect you with rewarding work to help you make the most out of every shift.
What you can expect when applying for waiter and waitress jobs with Coople:
- Answering questions about menu items, food sensitivities and substitutions
- Interacting with customers to ensure you deliver a quality service and resolve any complaints
- Serving customers quickly and efficiently
- Accurately handling cash and credit card payments
- Preparing and serving beverages to meet quality standards
- Removing used dishes, glasses and cutlery from tables to maintain a clean and tidy environment
- Pre-setting tables for customers, ensuring tables are provided with essential cutlery and napkins
- Collecting food orders from the kitchen, verifying that they are correct, and serving them to customers
- Ensure that customers are satisfied with their meals and process orders for additional courses if necessary
You can also find rewarding work as a part-time barista with Coople
You can find work as a breakfast chef, commis chef, chef de partie and head chef with Coople
You can also work flexibly as one of our skilled bartenders
You can also find work as a kitchen assistant with Coople
Which skills do we look for in waiter/waitress job applicants?
Sometimes, our waiter/waitress jobs do not require experience. If no specific experience is required, it will be listed clearly in the job description. For example, the job description may say:
- No previous experience needed
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Active listening and communication skills with an eye for detail
- Friendly and personable personality, eager to deliver a first-class customer experience
- Ability to multi-task and work under high pressure, fast paced environments
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
If specific experience is required, it will be stated clearly in the job description when you apply. For example, hiring companies may ask for:
- At least 6 months’ experience in the hospitality industry
- Silver service experience
- Health & safety training
How to prepare for your waiter/waitress job.
There’s a variety of things to look out for before you start your shift as a waiter/waitress.
This could include:
- Specific uniform requirements – be sure to check whether or not uniform will be provided in the job description
- Service experience – some hiring companies may require silver service training. If this is essential for the role, it will be explicitly stated in the job description
To boost your chances of getting hired, it’s a good idea to read through the job requirements and double check that you have the right job profiles added to your account. This will ensure you are adequately prepared for the role, which will save you time when applying for work.
More importantly, when you are sufficiently prepared for the role, you can successfully build your platform reputation and find more work to support you on your way to your goals.
Ready to find waiter and waitress jobs?
Download the Coople Job App to discover waiter and waitress jobs that work for you.