How flexible staffing can fulfill your warehouse recruitment needs | Coople UK
With Coople’s all-in-one staffing solution, you can find fully vetted warehouse workers to fulfill your warehouse recruitment needs. To help you find the skilled, flexible workers you need, we’ve provided a customisable template for a warehouse operative job description below.
A good warehouse operative job description should include the following information:
What duties do you need fulfilling in your warehouse recruitment?
- Loading and unloading deliveries with other warehouse workers .
- Packing and wrapping goods .
- Keeping meticulous records of warehouse inventory and stock locations .
- Checking load for damaged or missing items upon delivery .
- Stock counting and location checks.
- Cleaning the warehouse .
The key to fulfilling warehouse recruitment is a clear, informative job description. If you need more details about the usual warehouse operative job description including salaries, we recommend you to read the official national descriptions.
Looking for other job profiles?
Pickers and packers
You can also hire novice, intermediate or expert picker and packers with Coople
You can also hire flexible stockroom assistants at a tap of a button to help your business
You can also hire from our professional team of material handlers to support your store
Which skills do your candidates need to have?
To ensure you find the best candidates, you will need to highlight the skills and experience you are looking for in your warehouse operative job description. If no specific experience is required, you should still say, for example:
- No previous experience needed .
- Excellent organisation and multitasking skills – high level of efficiency and problem solving skills required to ensure deadlines are met .
- Strong communication skills, applicants must be able to work well independently and/or with team members.
- Excellent problem solving and reasoning skills .
- Physical stamina required as the role will involve frequent bending, stooping and heavy lifting.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
If specific experience is required, please specify what you need. For example:
- 6 months+ experience in the warehouse sector .
- Experience using an RF scanner .
What candidates should expect and prepare for at your facility
It’s a good idea to outline expectations in your warehouse operative job description. This could include:
- Specific uniform requirements and whether or not uniform and safety equipment (eg. Safety shoes) will be provided.
- Health and safety training – if this is mandatory, please state this in the job description.
- If this role is temporary, or if there’s long-term opportunities.
- Key benefits such as flexible hours, paid training, food and drink provided on-site, etc.
Ready to post a warehouse operative job?
Get started today and hire vetted warehouse operative in an instant.