How to hire skilled, flexible stock assistants for your business
Coople connects you with skilled temporary, part-time and full-time stock assistants near you to fulfill all your business needs. To help you find the professional stock assistants you need, we’ve provided a stock assistant job description template below.
You will find the best workers for your role if you provide a quality stock assistant job description. Providing essential information such as duties and experience criteria during the hiring process also helps candidates to determine whether they are qualified for the role, which will speed up the hiring process.
To help you get started, we have provided a stock assistant job description below. Customise the job description to suit your business needs and find the right stockroom staff for you.
A good stockroom assistant job description should include the following information:
What kind of stock assistant duties do you need fulfilling?
- Receiving and storing inventory in a stockroom.
- Ensuring products are safely packaged and properly distributed.
- Carrying out periodic inventory audits.
- Organising the stockroom or warehouse, ensuring the accurate labelling, placement, arrangement and cleanliness of goods .
- Checking stock levels and ordering new stock.
- Answering customer queries, either online or face-to-face.
- Updating stock information on computer systems.
If you need more details about the usual stockroom assistant job descriptions including salaries, we recommend you to read the official national descriptions.
Looking for other job profiles?
Pickers and packers
You can also hire novice, intermediate or expert picker and packers with Coople
You can also hire flexible material handlers at a tap of a button to help your business
You can also hire from our professional team of warehouse operatives to support your store
Which skills do stockroom assistants need to have?
It’s important to highlight what skills and experience you’re looking for in your stock assistant job description. If no specific experience is required, you should still say. For example:
- No previous experience needed .
- Excellent organisation and multitasking skills – high level of efficiency and engagement are required to ensure stock levels are adequately maintained .
- Strong communication skills, applicants must be able to work well independently and/or with team members .
- Physical stamina required as the role will involve frequent bending, stooping and heavy lifting .
If specific experience for your stockroom assistant position is required, please specify what you need. For example:
- 6 months+ inventory management experience.
- Computer skills – basic understanding of Microsoft programs such as Excel and Outlook, in addition to other inventory-specific software programs.
What stockroom assistants should expect and prepare for at your facility
It’s a good idea to explain what your expectations are in your stock assistant job description to provide candidates with all the key information they need to apply. This could include:
- Specific uniform requirements and whether or not uniform and safety equipment (eg. Safety shoes) will be provided .
- Health and safety training – if this is mandatory, be sure to highlight this in the job description.
Providing key information in your stock assistant job description about responsibilities and skill criteria helps to ensure that only the right candidates apply. This will save you time when you make hiring choices. Additionally, when you give our candidates all the information they need to succeed, they will be able to do their best to support your business.
Ready to post a stockroom assistant job?
Get started today and hire vetted stockroom assistants in an instant.