Find office assistant jobs near you in London
Office assistants are responsible for handling organisational and administrative support tasks. Working in one of Coople’s professional office assistant jobs, you will be responsible for covering a wide range of duties, including organising documents, maintaining clerical duties and greeting clients.
What you can expect when applying to office assistant jobs with Coople:
- Maintaining filing and storage systems in the office
- Assisting HR with sorting and collating CVs
- Creating, editing and updating spreadsheets
- Conducting research and compiling data
- Meeting and greeting clients for reception cover, as and when necessary
- Photocopying, scanning and filing appropriate documents
- Supporting a range of teams with ad-hoc tasks
- Light accounting duties
- Reading and routing incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintaining office stationery stock levels, ordering and replenishing new supplies as and when necessary
Which skills do we look for in office assistants?
Sometimes, our office assistant jobs do not require experience. If no specific experience is required, it will be stated clearly in the job description. For instance, the job description may say:
- No previous experience needed
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
- Proactive and enthusiastic personality, ready to dive into projects and assist as and when needed
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Discerning eye for detail
- Excellent grasp on interpersonal communication skills with a pleasant, friendly disposition
If specific experience is required, it will be stated clearly in the job description when you apply. For example, hiring companies may ask for:
- One or more years in an administrative capacity
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Typing speed: minimum 60 WPM with 90 per cent accuracy
- Knowledge or experience with Microsoft Office packages (eg. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
How to prepare for your office assistant role.
There’s a variety of things to look out for before you start your role. This could include:
- Specific uniform requirements – be sure to check whether or not uniform will be provided in the job description
- Knowledge or experience with certain technological tools. If this is the case, you will be given the necessary training before starting your role
More importantly, when you prepare by reading up on all the requirements and responsibilities, you can perform at your best to build your platform reputation and find more work to reach your goals.
Ready to find office assistant jobs?
Download the Coople Job App to discover office assistant roles that work for you.