Find warehouse operative vacancies near you.
Working with Coople allows you to find flexible, rewarding warehouse operative vacancies when and where it suits you. We pride ourselves on connecting our workers to a wide variety of opportunities, giving you the chance to apply for a range of roles across different skill and experience levels. Whether you’d like to find work as a warehouse handler, stockroom assistant, picker, packer or something else, you’re sure to find it with us.
At Coople, we believe that flexible work can be done differently. We recognise that everyone is unique, with their own needs and desires. Perhaps you want to save for a holiday, spend more time with your family or land that dream job. Whatever it is, we’re here to help you achieve your goals with job matches that are tailored specifically to you.
With our varied shift patterns, working with Coople gives you the flexibility to work whenever and wherever. Some of our warehouse jobs require an immediate start, while others have more lead time. It doesn’t matter if you live in East London, London proper, Dartford or Watford, we have plenty of warehouse jobs on our books for you to consider.
What can you expect when filling one of Coople’s warehouse operative vacancies?
Warehouse operative job responsibilities
You might be wondering what exactly a warehouse operative does? Your responsibilities will vary from job to job, but some of your duties as a staff member might include:
- Loading and unloading deliveries with other warehouse workers
- Packing and wrapping goods
- Keeping meticulous records of warehouse inventory and stock locations
- Checking loads for damaged or missing items upon delivery
- Stock counting and location checks
- Cleaning the warehouse
Pickers and packers
You can also apply for picker and packer vacancies with Coople.
You can also find local, flexible work as one of our dedicated material handlers.
You can find rewarding stockroom assistant opportunities with Coople.
What skills do we look for in warehouse operatives?
Not all of our roles require experience. If this is the case, it will be clearly stated in the job description. For example, it might say:
- No previous experience needed
- Excellent organisation and multitasking skills – high level of efficiency and problem solving skills required to ensure deadlines are met
- Strong communication skills, applicants must be able to work well independently as well as in a team
- Excellent problem solving and reasoning skills
- Physical stamina required as the role will involve frequent bending, stooping and heavy lifting
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
If specific experience or skills are required, this will also be clearly stated in the warehouse staff job description when you apply. For example, hiring companies may ask for:
- Six or more months experience in the warehouse sector
- Experience using an RF scanner
- Experience in 3PL (third-party logistics) warehouses
How to prepare for your role as a warehouse assistant
There are a number of things to be aware of before you start your job as a warehouse operative. These could include:
- Specific uniform requirements and whether or not uniform and safety equipment (e.g. safety shoes) will be provided
- Health and safety training – you will more than likely be invited to complete a training session before your first shift as a warehouse operative. Topics covered in the training might include:
- Manual handling
- Moving parts
- Moving machinery
- Following one way guidelines within the warehouse
- High vis uniform requirements while on shift
To maximise your chances of success when applying for jobs, we encourage you to read through the job requirements and ensure you have the right job profiles added to your account. Adding a great ‘about me’ section and uploading your professional documents is also a good idea. Ticking these boxes will allow hiring companies to see whether you fit the necessary criteria and speed up the job seeking process.
More importantly, being adequately prepared for your role will ensure that each shift you work is a great one. Which in turn will go a long way to helping you build your reputation on the Coople platform and find more work to achieve your goals.
Ready to find warehouse operative jobs?
Download the Coople Jobs App to discover warehouse jobs that work for you.