Find stock assistant jobs in London
Stock assistants (also known as stock control assistants and supply chain assistants) are responsible for keeping track of inventory and making sure there’s enough supplies to meet customer demands. Find flexible, rewarding stock assistant jobs with Coople.
We connect our stock assistants to a variety of rewarding, flexible work across different skills, experience and salary levels. Whether you’re looking to gain experience across multiple industries or support your entrepreneurial career, as one of Coople’s professional stock assistants, you can find work that helps you to reach your personal and/or professional goals.
What you can expect when working as a stockroom assistant with Coople:
- Receiving and storing inventory in a stockroom
- Ensuring products are safely packaged and properly distributed
- Carrying out periodic inventory audits
- Organising the stockroom or warehouse, ensuring the accurate labelling, placement, arrangement and cleanliness of goods
- Checking stock levels and ordering new stock
- Answering customer queries, either online or face to face
- Updating stock information on computer systems
Pickers and packers
You can also apply for picker and packer vacancies with Coople
You can also find local, flexible work as one of our dedicated material handlers
You can find rewarding Warehouse operative opportunities with Coople
Which skills do we look for in stock assistants?
Occasionally, our roles do not require experience. If no specific experience is required, it will be listed clearly in the job description. For example, the job description may say:
- No previous experience needed
- Excellent organisation and multitasking skills – high level of efficiency and engagement are required to ensure stock levels are adequately maintained
- Strong communication skills, applicants must be able to work well independently and/or with team members
- Physical stamina required as the role will involve frequent bending, stooping and heavy lifting
If specific experience or skills are required, it will be stated clearly in the job description when you apply. For example, hiring companies may ask for:
6+ months inventory management experience
Computer skills – basic understanding of Microsoft programs such as Excel and Outlook, in addition to other inventory-specific software programs
How to prepare for your role as a stock assistant.
There’s a few things to look out for before you start your stockroom jobs in London.
This might include:
- Specific uniform requirements and whether or not uniform and safety equipment (e.g. safety shoes) will be provided
- Health and safety training – you will be invited to complete a training session before your first shift as a stockroom assistant
- Inventory software usage – if you are required to use such software, you will be given the necessary training before your first shift
Making sure to read through the job requirements and having the right job profiles added to your account will help increase your chances of success when applying to jobs.
More importantly, when you prepare by reading up on the job specifications and expectations, you can make sure each shift is a great one. This will help you to build your platform reputation and find more work to achieve your goals.
Ready to find stock assistant jobs?
Download the Coople Jobs App to discover stock assistant jobs that work for you.
Get the Coople Jobs App
Scan this qr code to download the app
Available for iOS and Android