Find flexible event jobs in London
Event assistants are responsible for contributing to the planning and execution of successful events. Working in one of Coople’s professional event jobs, you will be required to perform a variety of tasks, including developing and implementing event plans, working with vendors and venues and carrying out detailed market research.
Whether you‘re looking to learn new skills or support an entrepreneurial career, with Coople you can find the right employers to feel valued at work.
We connect our flexible workers with rewarding work across a variety of industries – no matter your experience and skill level, we’re here to help you find with the right role for you to reach your goals.
What you can expect when applying for event jobs with Coople:
- Liaising with various teams to assist with both ad-hoc and planned projects
- Conducting thorough event venue research to assist with planning of logistics, budget, travel and accommodation
- Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and venues
- Creating event proposals which fit client requirements and presenting proposals by deadline
- Coordinating event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers
- Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, as well as creating comprehensive and readable financial reports
- Attending events to ensure smooth execution, acting as the point of contact to guests and contributors
Which skills do we look for in event job applicants?
Sometimes, our event assistant roles do not require experience. If no specific experience is required, it will be listed clearly in the job description. For example, the job description may say:
- No previous experience needed
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm with a great can-do attitude
- Keen eye for detail, comfortable working under pressure and tight deadlines to ensure that high standards are met
- First class organisational skills, must be able to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) with a sociable and agreeable personality
If specific experience or equipment is required, it will be stated clearly in the job description when you apply. For example, hiring companies may ask for:
- One or more years experience in the events industry
- Spreadsheet software experience, such as Microsoft Excel
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) tools, such as Salesforce
- Experience with project management tools, such as Basecamp
- Previous experience in building and maintaining successful relationships with suppliers and other event co-ordinators. Applicants must be able to communicate effectively with vendors and other relevant points of contact
How to prepare for your event assistant jobs.
There’s a variety of things to look out for before you start your event assistant role. This could include:
- Specific uniform requirements – be sure to check whether or not uniform will be provided in the job description
- Certificates and formal qualifications – some roles may require specific certification for you to be considered. It’s therefore a good idea to make sure you upload all your relevant skill certificates and qualifications to your profile to give yourself the best chance of getting hired
- Knowledge or experience with certain technological tools. If this is the case, you will be given the necessary training before starting your role
- Location – be sure to check that you can get to the venue with ease. As this is an important part of the role, some hiring companies may require you to have a full valid driver’s license for ease of travel
To increase your chances of getting hired, read through the job requirements and make sure you have the right job profiles added to your account. This will also save you time when applying for work.
More importantly, when you are adequately prepared for your role, you can build your platform reputation and find more work to support you on your way to your goals.
Ready to find event jobs?
Download the Coople Job App to discover event assistant jobs that work for you.