How to find flexible chef jobs near you
Chefs are at the heart of every restaurant and are responsible for overseeing the smooth running of kitchens. With Coople, you can work flexibly as a chef whenever, wherever with our varied shift patterns as we strive to connect our workers to rewarding temporary, part-time and full-time roles. Whether you’re looking to learn new skills or earn extra income, with Coople you can find local chef jobs near you today.
You can apply to a variety of roles across a range of skill and experience levels as part of our professional workforce. These include head chefs, sous chefs, chefs de partie, commis chefs, prep chefs, pastry chefs, and many more.
What you can expect when applying for chef jobs with Coople:
- Cutting, chopping and washing ingredients
- Creating prep lists for the kitchen crew
- Selecting choice ingredients to give dishes the best flavour
- Cooking orders according to guest preferences
- Ensuring safety and sanitisation practices in the kitchen
- Working under pressure to ensure food is served on time
- Managing a team of kitchen staff, delegating tasks to ensure the team works effectively and efficiently
Waitresses and waiters
You can also work as a novice, intermediate or expert waitress or waiter with Coople
You can also find find local, flexible work as a kitchen assistant with Coople
You can find rewarding bartending opportunities with Coople
You can also find exciting barista opportunities with Coople
Which skills do we look for in our chefs?
Sometimes, our roles do not require experience. If no specific experience is required, it will be listed clearly in the job description. For example, the job description may say:
- No previous experience needed
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Able to work quickly in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Strong teamworking skills
- Superb time management skills, must be able to work according to deadlines to provide a quality customer experience
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time – physical stamina is a must
- Creative flair for pairing flavours and dish presentation
If specific experience or skills are required, it will be stated clearly in the job description when you apply. For example, hiring companies may ask for:
- HNC or above in Culinary Arts required (Bachelor’s preferred)
- Two or more years experience as a chef in a restaurant
- Previous experience with particular cuisines. Some hiring companies may request at least six months experience for certain roles eg. sushi chefs and pastry chefs
How to prepare for your chef job.
There’s a variety of things to look out for before you start your chef job.
This could include:
- Specific uniform requirements and whether or not uniform and safety equipment (eg. non-slip shoes) will be provided
- Potential exposure to harmful substances (e.g. cleaning chemicals)
Certifications are not essential to get hired for chef jobs, but they can help demonstrate to employers that you have an understanding of the field. Examples of certifications that may be useful include:
- Certified chef developer certification: recipients of this certification have basic job-related skills, such as food preparation and developing menu items
- Certified sous chef certification: holders of this certification have a high school diploma, a GED or five years of entry-level culinary experience, and have passed a sous chef exam
- Servsafe food manager course: recipients of this certification have trained in the basics of food handling and safety
Making sure to read through the job requirements and having the right job profiles added to your account will increase your chances of getting hired. This will also save you time when applying for work.
More importantly, when you are adequately prepared for your role, you can make sure each shift is a great one, helping you to build your platform reputation and find more work to support you on your way to achieving your goals.
Ready to find chef jobs?
Download the Coople Job App to discover chef jobs that work for you.