How to find flexible barista jobs near you
Baristas are responsible for making and serving quality beverages, as well as preparing food orders. As an integral part of the team, as a barista you will be responsible for providing a quality customer service experience.
We strive to connect our workers – regardless of skill levels and industry backgrounds – with rewarding work to reach their goals. Working with Coople, you can also find endless opportunities across various job profiles and skill, experience and salary levels.
What you can expect when applying for barista jobs with Coople:
- Welcoming customers, informing them about new specials or items
- Serving customers quickly and efficiently according to orders and special dietary requirements
- Preparing and serving beverages to meet quality standards
- Accurately handling cash and credit card payments
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of all the menu offerings
- Maintaining inventory by replenishing coffee bean supply and stocking coffee brewing equipment
- Cleaning and sanitising work areas and table areas
- Ordering, receiving and distributing stock supplies
Waitresses and waiters
You can also work as a novice, intermediate or expert waitress or waiter with Coople
You can also work flexibly as one of our skilled bartenders
You can find work as a breakfast chef, commis chef, chef de partie and head chef with Coople
You can also find work as a kitchen assistant with Coople
Which skills do we look for in baristas?
Sometimes, our barista jobs do not require experience. If no specific experience is required, it will be listed clearly in the job description. For example, the job description may say:
- No previous experience needed
- Great team player
- Commitment to customer satisfaction
- Friendly and approachable personality, eager to deliver a first class customer experience
- Ability to multitask and work under high pressure, fast paced environments
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong grasp on numeracy skills
- Comfortable working in busy, demanding environment
If specific experience or certification is required, it will be stated clearly in the job description when you apply. For example, hiring companies may ask for:
- Minimum one year in the coffee service industry
- 6+ months minimum experience in the customer service industry
How to prepare for your barista jobs.
There’s a variety of things to look out for before you start your barista jobs.
This could include:
- Specific uniform requirements – be sure to check whether or not uniform will be provided in the job description
- Knowledge or use of heavy machinery and equipment. If this is relevant to your duties as a barista, it will be clearly explained in the job description of your upcoming shifts
- Health and safety training. If this is needed, you will be invited to complete your mandatory training before your first shift
To increase your chances of getting hired, it’s a good idea to read through the job requirements and make sure you have the right job profiles added to your account. This will also save you time when applying for work and help you get started in the best way possible.
More importantly, when you are adequately prepared for your role and what is expected of you, you can successfully build your platform reputation and find more work to support you on your way to your goals.
Ready to find barista jobs?
Download the Coople Jobs App to discover barista jobs that work for you.