Find warehouse operative jobs near you
You can find flexible, rewarding warehouse operative jobs when you work with Coople. We connect our workers to a variety of opportunities, meaning you can apply to a range of roles across different skill and experience levels. These include warehouse handlers, stockroom assistants, pickers and packers and more.
We believe that flexible work can be done differently. Whether you want to save for a holiday, spend more time with the family or eventually get that dream job, we’re here to help you reach your goals with job matches that mean more.
With Coople, you can also work flexibly whenever, wherever with our varied shift patterns.
What you can expect when working as a warehouse operative with Coople:
- Loading and unloading deliveries with other warehouse workers
- Packing and wrapping goods
- Keeping meticulous records of warehouse inventory and stock locations
- Checking load for damaged or missing items upon delivery
- Stock counting and location checks
- Cleaning the warehouse
Pickers and packers
You can also apply for picker and packer vacancies with Coople
You can also find local, flexible work as one of our dedicated material handlers
You can find rewarding stockroom assistant opportunities with Coople
Which skills do we look for in warehouse operatives?
Sometimes, our roles do not require experience. If no specific experience is required, it will be listed clearly in the job description. For example, the job description may say:
- No previous experience needed
- Excellent organisation and multitasking skills – high level of efficiency and problem solving skills required to ensure deadlines are met
- Strong communication skills, applicants must be able to work well independently and/or with team members
- Excellent problem solving and reasoning skills
- Physical stamina required as the role will involve frequent bending, stooping and heavy lifting
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
If specific experience or skills are required, it will be stated clearly in the job description when you apply. For example, hiring companies may ask for:
- 6+ months experience in the warehouse sector
- Experience using an RF scanner
- Experience in 3PL (third-party logistics) warehouses
How to prepare for your role as a warehouse assistant.
There’s a variety of things to look out for before you start your warehouse operative jobs.
This could include:
- Specific uniform requirements and whether or not uniform and safety equipment (e.g. safety shoes) will be provided
- Health and safety training – you will be invited to complete a training session before your first shift as a warehouse operative. This may cover topics such as manual handling, moving parts, moving machinery, following one way guidelines within the warehouse and high vis uniform requirements while on shift
To maximise your chances of success when applying to jobs, we encourage you to read through the job requirements and ensure you have the right job profiles added to your account. This will allow hiring companies to see whether you fit their criteria, which will speed up the job seeking process.
More importantly, when you are adequately prepared for your role, you can make sure each shift is a great one, helping you to build your platform reputation and find more work to achieve your goals.
Ready to find warehouse operative jobs?
Download the Coople Job App to discover warehouse operative jobs that work for you.