How to write a delivery rider job description
A clear job description is key to finding the right candidates for your team. To help you find and hire professional couriers for your business, we’ve provided a delivery rider job description template below. Customise it to suit your needs and requirements and use it on the Coople platform to find skilled, flexible delivery riders.
To recruit the right candidates, it’s important to provide a clear and comprehensive delivery driver job description. Providing essential details, such as the criteria and job responsibilities, allows candidates to determine if they’re suited for the role.
What responsibilities should you mention in your delivery rider job description?
- Sorting orders and planning to find the most efficient delivery routes
- Delivering orders in a timely manner using an e-bike provided to you
- Plan and prepare incoming orders to ensure you have the right route and customer address before setting off
- Following processes and procedures to ensure customers can track their deliveries accurately
- Providing exceptional customer service
If you would like more insights into the usual delivery driver profiles including salaries, we invite you to read the official national descriptions.
Looking for other job profiles?
You can hire professional delivery drivers to join your team with Coople
You can also hire flexible warehouse operatives with Coople.
You can also hire skilled stockroom assistants on the Coople platform.
Which skills should you mention in your delivery rider job description?
It’s important to highlight the skills and experience you are looking for in your delivery driver job description. If no specific experience is required, you should still say, for example:
- No experience required
- Proactive, must be able to take initiative and work efficiently on your own
- Experience in providing excellent customer service
- Strong physical stamina – must be able to cycle, walk and lift for extended periods of time
- Excellent verbal communication skills
If specific skills or experience are required, please specify in your job description. For example:
- 6 months+ working as a delivery rider
- Familiar with London roads
What delivery riders should expect and prepare for at your facility
It’s important to mention what candidates can expect and how they can best prepare in your delivery rider job description. For example:
- Specific uniform requirements and whether or not uniform and equipment will be provided
- Job-specific training. If this is mandatory, be sure to state this clearly in the job description
A quality job description is essential to find the right candidates for your team. Providing important details such as the experience and skill criteria in your delivery rider job description increases your chances that only suitable candidates apply. This will save you time when making hiring decisions. More importantly, when you give our candidates all the information they need to succeed, they can perform at their best.
Ready to post a delivery rider job?
Get started today and hire vetted delivery riders in an instant.