Hire a host to work flexibly with Coople
Our all-in-one digital staffing solution connects you with the right staff at the right time, helping you to find and hire professional part-time, full-time and temporary event hosts for all your business needs. To help you find the right candidates for your team, we’ve provided a host and hostess job description template below.
A clear job description is key to finding suitable candidates for your team. Providing essential information such as responsibilities and uniform expectations in your host and hostess job description also allows candidates to select whether they will be a good fit for the role.
What responsibilities should you include in your host and hostess job description?
- Welcoming customers to the venue to provide a first-class customer experience.
- Answering incoming calls and addressing customer queries.
- Communicating with event staff about event timing and special requests
- Overseeing the timely set up of all tables, areas and supplies.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with event contact and event vendors.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work area and event space.
- Keeping track of reservations.
- Managing and communicating guests’ needs and requirements to relevant team members.
- Assisting in finalising event programs.
Which skills do your event hosts/hostesses need to have?
To ensure you find the best candidates, you will need to highlight the skills and experience you are looking for in your host and hostess job description. If no specific experience is required, you should still say, for example:
- No previous experience needed.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member.
- Must demonstrate ability to work under pressure while multitasking.
- Excellent problem solving and organisational skills.
- Well-versed with emergency and safety protocols.
- Highly energetic and motivated, must be enthusiastic and willing to interact with guests to provide a quality customer experience.
- Good physical stamina to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
If specific skills or minimum experience is required, please specify. For example:
- 6 months+ work experience in the events sector.
- Experience in managing reservations.
- Demonstrable customer-service skills.
What hosts and hostesses should expect and prepare for at your facility
It’s a good idea to specify what candidates can expect and how they can best prepare in your host and hostess job description. This could include:
- Specific uniform requirements and whether or not uniform will be provided.
- Workers may need to have knowledge of IT software. If this is required, training will be provided.
Providing key information in your host and hostess job description increases your chances that only the right candidates apply. This will save you time when you make hiring choices. More importantly, when you give our candidates the information they need to succeed, they will be very motivated to do a great job.
Ready to post a host and hostess job?
Get started today and hire host and hostesses in an instant.