Case study: how Deliveroo Editions worked with Coople for flexible, crisis-proof staffing
Deliveroo, London’s largest home food delivery site, used the Coople platform to quickly find skilled workers who supported their teams through the COVID-19 crisis.
How did Coople help?
Due to the restrictions placed on restaurants, Londoners still sought to satisfy their food cravings, but at home. This meant that Deliveroo Editions saw a huge demand in home delivery orders. In order to keep up with the demand and not let customers down, Deliveroo Editions needed employees at multiple locations within just a few hours. By using the biggest online staffing platform in Europe, Deliveroo Editions was able to publish jobs across multiple locations and hire the right workers quickly. With thousands of motivated and skilled workers available, Coople’s algorithm instantly matched the job requirements with workers who had the right skills and experience. Within minutes of the jobs being posted across multiple locations, dozens of highly rated applicants applied, which meant Deliveroo Editions could fill all positions within the hour.
- Fill all operational gaps, with skilled and motivated staff, during spikes in orders
- Cover several varying job roles daily across multiple locations with local candidates
- Onboard fully vetted staff within hours to cover for self-isolating employees
- Provide staffing flexibility for when lockdown measures are relaxed
Using Coople, Deliveroo Editions instantly tapped into a pool of 100,000+ motivated flexible workers ready to help out during this crisis. The Coople platforms algorithm made it easy to quickly match Deliveroo Editions multiple jobs with qualified workers. This is what the process looked like:
- Job publication: Deliveroo Editions used the simple job creator in the app to create and post multiple jobs in minutes. They set the wage, role and experience they required
- Matching and reviewing: The job was then automatically matched with suitable candidates via the Coople algorithm. The workers were able to apply and Deliveroo Editions reviewed the applicants based on their CV and ratings before hiring them
- Confirmation of hours: Once the job was completed, Deliveroo Editions reviewed the hours. Next, the platform handled all the administration and payroll
- Fully vetted workers – dozens of highly rated and qualified candidates applied within minutes
- Fast delivery – motivated workers across a variety of job profiles ready to start within a few hours
- Time saved – large amount of time saved on recruiting and ability to instantly scale down once the measures are relaxed
What Deliveroo Editions thinks of us:
“Deliveroo Editions were very satisfied with the quality of candidates Coople supplied. They have since added all workers to their “favourites” pool and have booked them for future shifts.” – Jess Lee, Deliveroo Editions Account Manager, Coople
Want to know how we can help you? Leave your contact details with us here and our team will be in touch!