How to write a delivery driver job description
Find and hire the right candidates for your role with Coople. To help you source professional, flexible couriers for your team, we’ve provided a delivery driver job description template below. Tailor it to suit your business needs and start finding skilled delivery drivers with Coople today.
To attract the right candidates, it’s important to provide clear information in your delivery driver job description. Providing essential details, such as the criteria and job responsibilities, allows candidates to determine if they’re a good fit for the role.
What responsibilities should you mention in your delivery driver job description?
- Packing, loading and unloading delivery vehicles.
- Sorting packages and planning to find the most efficient delivery routes.
- Following processes and procedures to ensure customers can track their deliveries accurately.
- Obtaining signatures from customers upon delivery.
- Keeping delivery records up-to-date.
If you would like more insights into the usual delivery driver profiles including salaries, we invite you to read the official national descriptions.
Looking for other job profiles?
You can also find part-time bike couriers to join your team with Coople.
You can also hire flexible warehouse operatives with Coople.
You can also hire skilled stockroom assistants on the Coople platform.
Which skills should you mention in your delivery driver job description?
It’s important to highlight the skills and experience you are looking for in your delivery driver job description. If no specific experience is required, you should still say, for example:
- No experience required.
- Proactive, must be able to take initiative and work efficiently on your own.
- Experience in providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to drive, walk and lift for extended periods of time.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
If specific skills or experience are required, please specify in your job description. For example:
- Full, clean and valid driving license.
- Reliable mode of transportation.
- 6 months+ working as a courier.
What delivery drivers should expect and prepare for at your facility
It’s important to mention what candidates can expect and how they can best prepare in your delivery driver job description. For example:
- Specific uniform requirements and whether or not uniform and equipment will be provided
- Job-specific training. If this is mandatory, be sure to state this clearly in the job description
A detailed job description is essential to find the right candidates. Providing important information such as the experience and skill criteria in your delivery driver job description increases your chances that only suitable candidates apply. This will save you time when making hiring choices. More importantly, when you give our candidates all the information they need to succeed, they will be able to prepare and perform at their best.
Ready to post a delivery driver job?
Get started today and hire vetted delivery drives in an instant.