On-demand recruitment is on the rise. With technological advances and evolving cultural priorities, consumers, employees and businesses have all embraced this change. It’s evident in the major disruptions taking place across many sectors in the UK: Uber for taxis, Deliveroo for food, Laundrapp for laundry. Consumers now expect instant delivery and service.
Employees have adopted the same on-demand attitude with their employment. More people are freelancing, picking up side jobs and participating in the gig economy. Businesses are increasingly relying on freelance talent to supplement their full-time staff and satisfy the seasonal changes that the on-demand culture brings. The ability to increase staff only when needed allows them to work more strategically and profitably.
With growing opportunities to find part-time work anytime, anywhere and at any experience level, businesses need a recruitment solution that embraces the trend in flexible working relationships. However, this is often difficult to put into practice. Businesses are finding themselves limited to tedious or expensive processes for recruiting part-timers. As they consider how on-demand workers fit into their wider recruitment strategies, it’s apparent that a new recruitment process is needed. In industries where part-time workers are essential, such as the hospitality industry, digital hospitality recruitment is the way forward.
New demand means new hospitality recruitment needs
These changes are particularly relevant for the UK hospitality sector, where roughly half of the workers are part-time. Hospitality recruitment has to satisfy the unpredictability, seasonality and high turnover of the industry. Meeting these requirements and also finding skilled, reliable staff for what is traditionally seen as a low-skilled industry presents unique recruitment challenges.
Hospitality businesses must be able to rely on a pool of talented, flexible staff who can cover at a moment’s notice. There are so many roles that need to be filled – caterers, bar staff, waiters, cleaners, decorators and more. These roles present the ideal opportunity to take advantage of the on-demand economy.
If hospitality businesses are unable to adapt to the changes, they risk lost profits in the short and long term. They also risk damage to their brand image through a drop in standard of service, hurting brand loyalty and profitability. Many hospitality brands find that relationships with traditional recruitment agencies no longer fit their needs. They need simple and cost-effective methods of digital hospitality recruitment that cut out the middleman and let employers select directly from a pool of available talent.
Coople provides on-demand hospitality recruitment
Enter Coople – changing the way the world works. We streamline the recruitment process, making it easy to hire staff as and when they’re needed. Using cutting-edge algorithmic matches and a simple interface, we put hospitality businesses in touch with available, skilled part-timers. We focus on the recruitment, so businesses can focus on delivering the best service for their customers.
Here’s how Coople makes recruitment easy for hospitality businesses:
- No paperwork – Everything is done digitally. People create profiles and upload relevant skills via our app. Employers upload job information, with details about rates and dates. We take care of everything else – right to work, contracts, payroll and more, all handled seamlessly.
- Efficient application process – We match employers’ requirements with the best available people. Employees have already accepted the job once an employer chooses them, so there’s no back and forth. We get the most relevant people to the right place, exactly when they’re needed.
- Quality control – Our peer-driven community ensures transparency around employee performance. Employees get ratings from each company they’ve worked for, so employers can see who the best people are and hire them.
- Maximum flexibility – Employers can book employees when they need them, on the same day or a week in advance. They set their own hourly rates and only hire the people they need.
- Retain good people – Employers can save the employees they’ve rated, making it easy to hire the same people again if they’ve done a good job. This keeps strong talent within the employer’s workforce, without compromising flexibility.
Coople is established within the hospitality sector, working with clients like Regus, Accor, Compass Group, Lancaster London, SV Group and Marriott. We’re committed to helping hospitality businesses take full advantage of the on-demand economy, by providing a platform that meets their recruitment needs. Join Coople UK today to transform the way you work, and to start recruiting the best part-time staff.