How to find Picker Packers for your warehouse with Coople
Coople’s picker / packers can perform a variety of tasks, including receiving, packing, managing, and storing stock. We also cater to many job profiles at different skill, experience, and salary levels.
Whether you are managing your own logistics or offer fulfilment services for third parties, we know that you need a strong team. You will find the best picker / packers for your job if you set realistic expectations in the job description. Providing the essential information during the hiring process also allows candidates to select whether this job will be a good fit for them.
A good job description should include the following information:
What kind of pick and pack services are required in your warehouse?
- Picking and packing stock into boxes
- Counting and recording stock levels
- Restocking shelves
- Tracking and documenting shipment arrival and departure times
If you need more details about the usual picker packer profiles including salaries, we invite you to read the official national descriptions.
Which skills do warehouse workers need to have?
If no specific experience is required, you should still say, for example:
- No previous experience needed
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
- Ability to work in a standing position for an extended period of time
If specific experience is required, please specify what you need. For example:
- Experience working in third-party logistics (3PL) warehouses
- Experience using specific technology like FR scanners or a warehouse operating system
- Forklift driver’s license
What pick and pack applicants should expect and prepare for at your warehouse.
This could include:
- Safety shoes are required and need to be provided by workers
- Workers need to use heavy machinery and equipment (provide examples)
- There can be an exposure to harmful substances (provide description, e.g. cleaning chemicals)
- The warehouse is particularly cold or hot (for example because food is processed there)
Providing this information increases your chances that only the right candidates apply. This will save you time when you make hiring choices. More importantly, when you give our candidates the information they need to succeed, they will be very motivated to do a great job.
Ready to post a picker and packer job?
Get started today and hire vetted pickers and packers in an instant.