The global pandemic has heightened the need for digital solutions, with McKinsey research citing that COVID-19 has accelerated digital transformation by seven years. Can your business afford to be left behind?
Digitalisation is changing full-time recruitment
Finding the right full-time employees used to be a painful, drawn out process. Using traditional recruitment methods, the Swiss average time-to-hire is up to 90 days. However, technology is changing this fast. Whether it’s onboarding niche talent or utilising data to reduce bottlenecks, HR teams are increasingly relying on digital staffing technology for full-time talent recruitment – and they’re seeing results:
- Reduced cost- and time-to-hire. The longer it takes to fill a role, the more business resources and time it requires. Drawn out hiring processes also mean greater risks of losing out on top candidates. Technology, for example applicant tracking systems, help by allowing more people to participate in the screening process in real-time, as well as by automating candidate communication to allow for a smoother onboarding experience.
- Access to real-time data. Accessing real-time data means that businesses can make informed decisions to build a smart workforce. Having access to insightful metrics allows recruiters to monitor and eliminate bottlenecks in the hiring process, leading to more efficient turnaround and greater conversion rates. With the benefit of backend data, recruiters can also track live responses to amend job postings if they are not attracting the right candidates or increase acquisition spend if they aren’t attracting enough of them.
- Virtual recruitment. The temporary pause on face-to-face hiring hasn’t stopped businesses from finding high caliber talent. Throughout COVID-19, hiring companies have implemented virtual onboarding and online interviews to screen candidates anywhere, any time. Such processes have enabled recruiters to conduct essential training and right to work checks with ease. Similarly, virtual recruitment allows for borderless talent acquisition, helping businesses to easily recruit for niche skillsets in tricky locations.
Technology enables new ways of hiring: The rise of digital staffing platforms
Whilst technology has made full-time recruitment more efficient over the last few years, it also enabled an entirely new kind of hiring. The use of digital staffing platforms has increased nearly 300% in the last three years. Digital staffing is a faster way of finding temporary talent and it’s clear to see that it’s not just a hype.
Temporary staffing itself is not new, but on-demand, short-term staffing has been made possible by technology. It enables hiring companies to build pools of regulars: high-quality, fully onboarded workers whom they can rely on when demand goes up unexpectedly. Typically time-consuming tasks are fully automated with digital staffing, meaning hiring can be reduced to a few clicks when screening, filtering and sorting applicant data, allowing for reduced time-to-hire, fewer dropouts and more quality hires.
How a flexible workforce can help your business
With all the benefits from technology that we can see in permanent recruitment, digital staffing has opened up a whole new world of potential for flexibility in your workforce. Digital staffing platforms such as Coople help to stay flexible, agile and cost-efficient.
Here’s how it works:
- Source specialist talent: it’s easy to find niche talent with a digital staffing platform. Thanks to advanced algorithms, you can overcome traditional recruitment limitations – allowing for faster job matching and greater quality and volume of hard to find candidates.
- Cohesive workforce management: get real-time status updates on shift coverage, attendance and time-tracking to make informed hiring decisions. Take quick actions as plans change: add shifts as and when you need them, request more workers and stop hiring any time.
- Flexible, last-minute coverage: you can scale up and down to meet demand with a flexible workforce. Read more to understand how Coople helped a leading supermarket chain find 600 skilled flexible workers for urgent cover in less than 48 hours.
- Cost-effective with zero commitment: reduce costs and manual processing by outsourcing recruitment, administration and payroll. With no subscription, upfront fees, setup costs or minimum hours, you can avoid surprise fees and find quality workers without any hiring commitments. Read to find out more about Coople’s flexible pricing structure.
Are you in need of a responsive, flexible recruitment strategy to get up to speed with modern staffing challenges? Find out how your business can benefit from Coople’s digital staffing solution today.